• Focus • Skill
• Personalized Service

Child Custody Representation You Can Trust

When your marriage has ended and you have children, you can have a lot of questions about what your future with your children will be. Can you work out a visitation agreement with your ex-spouse? What is the difference between physical custody and legal custody? What is the difference between joint custody and sole custody? An experienced Sacramento child custody attorney can help guide you through the entire process of determining, establishing or modifying a child custody arrangement that suits your family’s unique needs.

At O'Brien Family Law, PC, we have helped many families go through circumstances like yours. See why local families choose our firm:

  • Our firm focuses on boutique, one-on-one service.
  • Our firm is known for results-oriented counsel.
  • Our firm focuses on protecting your family for the long-term.
  • Our firm is 100 percent devoted to serving clients and their families.

We help you achieve a fair custody arrangement for your current situation. Call our team of compassionate child custody lawyers at 916-468-0707 to discuss your case confidentially.

What Is Custody?

Custody arrangements can be agreed upon by both parents. If, however, you and your spouse cannot reach an agreement, a judge will base his or her decisions on the best interests of your children.

Custody in California has two facets:

  • Legal custody that determines which parent will be responsible for making important decisions for your child or children, such as regarding their education, religious training, health care and other important issues.
  • Physical custody that determines where your child or children will live.

Parents can be awarded joint or sole legal or physical custody based on the best interests of the child or children. Judges will always seek to ensure that children are well taken care of and parents are as involved in their child’s life as possible.

To request a one-on-one consultation, send an email below or call directly at 916-468-0707.